This role requires a minimum of eight years professional work experience.
ENTRY LEVEL CANDIDATE RESPONSES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Principal Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for leading the design, develop, integrate and test computer controlled electromechanical devices in a Real Time Operating System (RTOS) environment for medical devices.
* Apply strong working knowledge of design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design.
* Assess and recommend new technologies and processes.
• BSCS, BSEE, BSCE and 6 years work experience. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
• 10 years hands-on embedded software development experience
• Programming in C++ and C targeting embedded Microcontrollers
• Object Oriented design patterns and implementation in C++
• Deploying various RTOS based applications and designing multi-threaded applications
• Knowledge of various hardware control systems: waveform generation, transducer signal sampling, motor control and other electromechanical control desired
• Understanding of electronic circuitry: board bring up and interfacing with on and off chip peripherals such as SPI, UART, I2C, ADC’s and DAC’s
• Use of lab equipment (logic analyzers, in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes and DVMs) to debug and troubleshoot designs
• Using and promoting static analysis, unit testing and other tools/methods to produce high quality designs
• Executing and delivering high quality projects with minimal supervision
• Experience with medical devices and in leading complex embedded projects preferred.
• Past Experience in being a technical team lead for complex embedded projects
• Previous work experience in a medical device development environment that meet real-time requirements defined by Risk Management and Product Requirements.
• Experience developing applications with both wired (CAN, Ethernet) and wireless communication networks (802.15.4, BLE)