Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
GIS Technician Specialist - Tampa, FL
Job Opportunity at
Posted on Feb 9
813-623-1233 ext 2261
Tesinc, LLC is looking for an experienced GIS Technician Specialist to be located in our Tampa, FL office. The GIS Technician Specialist will be utilizing this technology in telecommunications fiber management.
If you have experience utilizing GIS in the telecom field, we want to talk to you!
Follow standard organizational practices and guidelines
Conduct research to locate and obtain existing databases
Analyze spatial data for geographical statistics to incorporate into documents and reports
Design and update Network database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations
Understanding of Data structure in AutoCAD to GIS and creating various feature Clas Datasets
Advanced knowledge with Geodatabases, SQL, Arcgisonline and Pytho will be a plus
Ability to read and interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio), Google Earth
Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
Analytical skills – The ability to solve problems using various GIS Software (ArcGIS Online, QGIS, MAPInfo, Global Mapper and ArcMAP)
GIS data gathering skills
Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Basic Programming skills and Exel skills
Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Requires advanced knowledge in GIS and 3+ years job related experience or degree in related field
Must have prior telecom experience
Fiber design including fiber to the home, cell site, node and/or hub is preferred
About Tesinc, LLC
Tesinc, LLC, founded in 1966, has provided quality engineering, drafting and technical services for over four decades to support some of America’s largest telecommunications and information companies.
Tesinc, LLC is a subsidiary of Dycom Industries, Inc. – a major U.S. corporation listed on the NYSE as DY. Dycom Industries, Inc., founded in 1969 and headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, is one of North America’s largest telecommunications and electrical services companies. The Dycom family of companies currently serves over 100 different customers in 44 states and employs over 11,000 professionals.
Our corporate office, located in Tampa, FL, is a 25,000 sq ft facility that is fully equipped with the latest computer hardware and software.
Tesinc, LLC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. A wide range of benefit choices is available for our employees and their families, including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 401(k) retirement savings plans, stock purchase plans and more.
Medical/Prescription Plans -
Three medical plan options which include prescription drug benefits.
- Two dental insurance options - a high option plan that covers most dental treatments along with diagnostics and preventive care; and a low option plan that covers the basic diagnostics and preventive care.
Group Vision Plan
- A PPO plan where participating doctors provide eye exams and substantial discounts for services and materials.
Flexible Spending Account
- Benefit allows pre-tax dollars to be contributed annually to a reimbursement account for you and your family members' qualified healthcare expenses (up to $2,500) and dependent care expenses (up to $5,000).
Retirement Savings Plans
- 401(K) - Once eligible, employees have the option to invest 1%-75% of their salary. The company will match a portion of this investment.
Stock Purchase Plan
- Allows employees to purchase company stock through payroll deductions.
Short & Long Term Disability
- Groups rates for disability insurance benefits which will replace a portion of your income due to illness or injury.
Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance at group rates.
Legal Services Insurance
- Access to legal professionals at favorable rates.
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
up to $7500 per calendar year.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check and have a valid Driver’s License.
Only qualified applicants authorized to work in the U.S. will be considered.
Hiring now! Apply today!
Terms of Usage
TelecomEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)