Tesinc, LLC has an opening for an Associate Engineer in our Richardson, TX office. The Associate Engineer performs routine telecommunications Outside Plant (OSP) Engineering work; assisting senior-level OSP Engineers on assigned projects.
Job duties include:
- Conducts existing OSP facility and right of way research in respect to developing construction plans for new fiber cable placement / path
- Accesses public records and databases necessary to the completion of the development of construction plans for the proposed fiber cable placement / path
- Research and complete right of way permit applications for road easements and crossings, railroad crossings, or any other domain encountered by the proposed cable path
- Apply customer regulatory and customer construction standards to design installation/construction plans for fiber optic cables and associated OSP equipment (aerial, buried, underground) under the direction of an OSP Engineer
- Compose bill of materials for assigned projects
- Assist with the development of construction bid packages for assigned projects
- Support OSP Construction during the installation process and complete change in plans that become necessary during the cable placement
- Gather OSP Construction placement records necessary to complete as-built records for projects
- Support closeout process as required to fulfil OSP Engineering responsibilities
We are looking for career-minded individuals to join the Tesinc team. This entry-level program is intended to train the next generation of Telecommunications OSP Engineers to work with Tesinc for years to come.
These are full-time, entry-level positions.
Basic Telecom knowledge is preferred, but is not required.
1 – 2 years of construction experience is also preferred.
- Should have a basic knowledge of OSP telecom networking facilities in respect to some civil, mechanical and structural applications
- Should have 1-2 years of working experience using AutoCAD software
- Must have very good organization skills
- Must have strong time management skills
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have a very good math aptitude
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and Google+
- Cell phone
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a positive attitude
- Be eager to learn new concepts
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have an ability to work independently
- Be organized and focused
- Have strong time management skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Tesinc, LLC
Tesinc, LLC ("Tesinc") provides high quality engineering and technical services to support the telecommunications industry. Areas of specialization include complete turn-key project management utilizing the P-6 scheduling tool, engineering design permitting and drafting services, right-of-way acquisition and site surveys, records and technical documentation services, utility pole inspection and inventory make-ready, outside plant construction inspection. The company also provides emergency services consisting of aerial line crews, installation and repair maintenance technicians and copper and fiber splicing technicians.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, Tesinc was founded in 1966, and, for the past five decades, Tesinc has provided telecommunication services throughout the United States. With its commitment to quality and safety along with superior organizational and recruiting resources, Tesinc has the proven experience that customers look for when selecting a strategic business partner.
Tesinc, LLC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. A wide range of benefit choices is available for our employees and their families, including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 401(k) retirement savings plans, stock purchase plans and more.
- Medical/Prescription Plans - Three medical plan options which include prescription drug benefits.
- Dental Plans - Two dental insurance options - a high option plan that covers most dental treatments along with diagnostics and preventive care; and a low option plan that covers the basic diagnostics and preventive care.
- Group Vision Plan - A PPO plan where participating doctors provide eye exams and substantial discounts for services and materials.
- Flexible Spending Account - Benefit allows pre-tax dollars to be contributed annually to a reimbursement account for you and your family members' qualified healthcare expenses (up to $2,500) and dependent care expenses (up to $5,000).
- Retirement Savings Plans - 401(K) - Once eligible, employees have the option to invest 1%-75% of their salary. The company will match a portion of this investment.
- Stock Purchase Plan - Allows employees to purchase company stock through payroll deductions.
- Short & Long Term Disability - Groups rates for disability insurance benefits which will replace a portion of your income due to illness or injury.
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Life and AD&D insurance at group rates.
- Company Discounts
- Legal Services Insurance - Access to legal professionals at favorable rates.
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $7500 per calendar year.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check and have a valid Driver’s License.
Only qualified applicants authorized to work in the U.S. will be considered.
Hiring now! Apply today!