This lead Systems engineering role is ideal for a Senior level RF electrical engineer who enjoys solving complex engineering scenarios within the RF, microwave, antenna and electromagnetic industry. Your work will be helping to design some of the world’s most sophisticated consumer electronic, and military products.
Come join our team as the Lead Antenna Test Range Systems Engineer, who will play a crucial role in the process of understanding our customer test & measurement needs, translating those needs into requirements, and formulating affordable solutions. Your knowledge of nearfield anechoic chambers and antenna test ranges is crucial. This Lead Systems Engineer's activity is directed to the customer by our Sales and marketing department. You will work closely with the Customer and our internal program office and engineering staff members to create the solution with the best value for the customer consistent with our business goals.
The major contributors to the products have specialties in microwave, mechanical and electrical engineering. The selected candidate will also have the responsibility of managing teams of multi-disciplined engineers in a coordinated effort to successfully deliver system products. The systems are designed for microwave measurement of various test items such as antennas and radomes used in radar, communications (both wireless and satellite), satellite data transfers, and other applications.
Must have the ability to obtain or have a U.S. Government security clearance. This position may require approximately 25% domestic and international travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physics. An advanced technical degree is desirable and 10+ years of work experience and the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
- You must have the ability to take diverse specifications in RF/Microwave measurements along with a detailed understanding of mechanical design processes to deliver complex products
- You should have a strong background in Microwave Antenna design is preferred
- Experience in design and systems engineering processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to understand complex technical systems and problem solve
- Significant experience with proposals, customer interaction, and systems design and analysis
- Be capable of working across functions to develop solutions for the customer
- Hands-on Experience using a variety of Antenna Test Ranges
- Experience with: RF System Design, Specification development and interpretation, microwave communications
- Familiarity with MATLAB, GRASP, HFSS and other industry analytical tools
- Knowledge of mechanical positioning systems